Mikel Arteta has refused to rule out further signings this summer, despite Arsenal having already broken the £200 million barrier to bring in Kai Havertz, Jurrien Timber and Declan Rice.
The Gunners are currently the Premier League’s biggest spenders this summer following their three high profile new additions, with the capture of Rice from West Ham setting a new club record transfer fee of £105 million.
But Arteta – speaking ahead of Thursday’s game against the MLS All-Stars in Washington – hinted that the north London club might not be done yet when it comes to strengthening their squad.
“Let’s see,” he told reporters. “There’s still a lot of time left in the market, and there are a lot of expectations of our players as well.
“We’ll have to see how things develop in the next couple of weeks. We will be alert, there’s still time to do things, there’s still time for exits as well, obviously, so I’m sure things will move.”
Several players are expected to leave Arsenal in the coming weeks, with Granit Xhaka and Pablo Mari the two senior names to depart so far this summer.
Striker Folarin Balogun is one player who has been tipped for a potential departure, with clubs across Europe keen on the young frontman.
Inter Milan are now believed to be one of the clubs targeting Balogun following their failed attempts to sign Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea.
But Arteta says the United States international, who Arsenal value at around £50 million, will be given a chance to impress during pre-season before any decision is taken on his future.
“We have to think about what is best to do,” said the Arsenal boss.
“We want to see him, we want to experience him in the next few games, he played the last game against Nuremberg and he will do so again in the next few games, then we’ll make the best decision.”